Wine Industry Advertising and Sponsorship
Put your brand in front of thousands of educated wine consumers
With more than 7,000 members who are focused on exploring new wines and new wine regions, the American Wine Society can be a key target in your wine and travel advertising and marketing strategy.
AWS members love wine, make wine, buy wine, and enjoy learning about wine. Here are a few stats about AWS members:
- 78% enjoy a glass of wine at least four days per week; 53% enjoy wine every day
- 58% purchase at least ten cases of wine per year; 65% pay over $15 per bottle for these wines
- 66% order wine at a restaurant at least twice per month; 55% pay over $30 per bottle for these wines
- One-third of AWS members are amateur winemakers
- 60% of the winemakers make at least 20 gallons per year; 32% make over 50 gallons – serious winemakers who buy a lot of supplies!
- 51% subscribe to at least two wine publications
- 61% travel to wine regions at least once each year
- 40% follow wine blogs or other internet wine-related sites
- 30% have been members of AWS for over 15 years, but 33% joined in the last five years – a significant indication of the growth AWS continues to see
Interested in reaching this wine audience with your message?
We offer numerous, innovative ways to reach our members and are always open to new ideas.
Advertise in the AWS Journal magazine—Align your brand with the oldest and largest consumer-based wine appreciation organization in North America.
Our articles are fresh, creative, and educational and are delivered to members in 180+ chapters across the United States.
AWS Wine Journal ad rates are very affordable, and we offer discounts for multiple issues and for AWS Professional Members.
Check out the AWS 2020 Media Kit!
Sponsor our National Wine Conference—Between 550 and 700 members attend the annual AWS National Conference. Highlights include nearly 50 educational sessions, sit-down meals, walk-around tastings and more. Sponsors and session presenters from around the globe put their wine directly into consumers’ hands. See our conference sponsorship opportunities.
Deliver wine tastings and educational programming—Guide educational tastings in person or virtually with a single chapter, region or our national membership. Ask us how!
Don’t miss a wine marketing opportunity
Contact AWS Executive Director David Falchek to learn more about sponsorship and wine advertising opportunities.