Published six times per year, the AWS News is the society newsletter – filled with information on happenings at the National level as well as local chapter activities. Each issue contains regular features and articles to keep AWS members up-to-date on their society. Some of these are:
- Articles by National AWS officers…the President, Executive Director and Member Service Manager
- Articles by Committee Chairpersons…Competitions, National Conference, National Tasting Project, Winemaking
- An article on the latest news from the AWS Education Foundation
- A “Chapter Events” section featuring information on 15 – 20 wine tasting and other events held by AWS chapters across the U.S. (a great place to get ideas for your chapter)
- Plus other features and articles of interest to AWS members……
Jack Kraft is the Editor of the AWS News and he welcomes your comments and suggestions
AWS Wine Journal
The AWS Wine Journal is the official magazine for members of the American Wine Society. Published quarterly, the Wine Journal provides articles on all aspects of wine, winemaking, wine travel, wine personalities and wine news. Here is a sampling of recent articles:
- Remembering Doug Moorhead
- Stellar Terroir
- The Californiazation of Virginia
- Cooking with Illinois Wines
- Exploring Gruner Veltliner
AWS membership includes a subscription to the AWS Wine Journal. Members can view past issues at their leisure.
Advertising in the AWS Wine Journal is a great way to reach a target audience of over 7,000 wine lovers. Interested? Check our Media Kit for more information!
Jim Rink is the Editor of the AWS Wine Journal. To submit an article for consideration, contact him at email@example.com.
- Submissions will be acknowledged by e-mail but it is not possible to guarantee placement in specific issues of the Wine Journal
- Authors will be informed in advance of publication if their article is selected for a particular issue
- If your article is not selected for an issue, you will be contacted every six month to confirm that you are still on the list of possible inclusion in a future issue
- If your article will no longer be considered for publication, you will be notified by e-mail