WSET Level 3 Award in Wines – Earn an industry-recognized qualification through the AWS
For individuals seeking to delve deeper into the world of wines, this advanced qualification provides a detailed understanding of grape growing and wine making. Upon completion you will be able to assess wines accurately and use your understanding to confidently explain wine style and quality. Upon successful completion you will receive a WSET certificate and lapel pin, and will be able to use the associated WSET certified logo.
- How to taste wines using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT).
- Access to our Online Classroom for the duration of the course, including preparation videos.
- In-person review and tutored tasting of wines.
- Enrollment in WSET Global Campus for self-paced on-line home study on a date to be announced.
- The key factors in the production of wine: location, grape growing, winemaking, maturation and bottling.
- The key characteristics of the principal still, sparkling and fortified wines of the world.
- How to apply your understanding to make authoritative recommendations.
- How to taste wines and evaluate quality, identity and price, using the WSET Level 3 Systematic Approach to Tasting Wine® (SAT).
- Online tastings on 12 general styles of wines (students to provide their own samples).
Please review WSET course policies and the Specification for the Course. You may direct questions about the program to email@example.com. Questions about registration may be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Participation in this WSET program is open to AWS members at a cost of $700 inclusive, which includes study materials, tuition, examination, fees. Non-member registration of $749 includes study material, tuition, examination and fees AND an individual membership in the American Wine Society. Those who cancel 15 days or more before the course start date will receive an 80% refund. In the event a course is cancelled, registrants will receive a full refund of the course fee.
If you have a disability or health problem that interferes your ability to review and sit for the test, and if your request is reasonable, you may request an accommodation by emailing email@example.com.
WSET Level 3 is one of many wine education opportunities offered by the American Wine Society.