WSET Level 2 Award in Wines—Earn an industry-recognized qualification through the AWS
This Wine & Spirit Education Trust (WSET) Level 2 Award in Wines is a beginner- to intermediate-level qualification for enthusiasts seeking a core understanding of wine.
You will explore the major grape varieties and important wine regions in which they are grown, and learn about the styles of wines produced from these grapes, as well as key qualifications and labelling terminology.
- This is a hybrid course, where most instruction and study is done on-line with access to the instructor.
- The price includes all of the study material provided, examination fees, certificates.
- You will also be provided with a WSET study guide to make notes on and take home.
- Examination on the last day with 50 multiple choice questions, with a 60-minute limit. A mark of 55% is required to pass.
- Certification – those who pass will be issued a certificate suitable for framing and a lapel pin.
Non-member price: $450, $400 for AWS members, covers materials, enrollment in hybrid learning, testing, and pin and certificate for successful candidates. Non-member registration includes an individual membership in the American Wine Society.
Testing for WSET Level 2 Award in Wines will be offered as part of the AWS National Conference at Harrah’s Resort in Atlantic City, Nov. 4. Candidates will be notified of the start and end dates of the self-paced, on-line study and review program.
Please review WSET course policies and the Specification for the Course. Completion of WSET Wine Level 1 is not required.
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION
WSET Level 2 is one of many wine education opportunities offered by the American Wine Society.